Quickly and easily merge multiple files of different types and formats into a single file or table.
- Browse to any directory and select all files within that directory
- As a file is selected the lower list box will display the first 10 records (including header information)
- If the file selected is an Excel file (as opposed to csv), then every worksheet within that file can be displayed
- Simple select of the files and values that you want with navigation buttons
- Ability to choose a different code, date and primary key for every input file
- Seamless and quick output of a single file of all records to the same directory (date stamped)
Sample Output File with Pipe (|) delimiter
- Ability to predefine source/identification codes for certain file names
- Can define automated rules for repeat files (so they will be merged/appended without any user processing)
- Ability to add dos ftp if functionality exists onsite
- Ability to tailor output file delimiters and file names
- The file can be uploaded directly to the marketing database using sql pass-through queries if required
- No need for training or skills in the use of automated ETL tools.
- No need to get technology involved, the capability can stay with the business
- The benefit of a single file with a standardised format is that you only need a single table to stage the data in your marketing database
- All code referencing the table is standardised and simple to create and maintain
select * from tblExternalSelections where SourceCode = ‘complaints’ and Load_Date > (Todays_date – 14)
If you would like to commission your own File Merging Tool or would like to discuss this tool in more detail please contact me.
To view the Database Validation Tool Click Here